A spa is a place that offers therapies for De-stressing, Detoxification, Immunity and Beauty.
A spa is a location where mineral-rich spring water (and sometimes seawater) is used to give medicinal baths. Spa towns or spa resorts (including hot springs resorts) typically offer various health treatments, which are also known as balneotherapy.
Top Spa Treatments are:
- Massage: This can include Swedish Massage and Deep Tissue and everything in between. This is done with an assortment of oils for different effects. In addition aromatherapy is often combined with good spa treatments. Many resorts will have their own "signature" massages.
- Facials: This can be as non-invasive as through gentle cleansers and massage, or through botox. There are as many variations of facials as there are massage.
- Body Wraps: Most Body Wraps include herbal remedies such as with clay, mud or even seaweed and paraffin. The ideas is to cleanse the skin and weight reduction.
- Salt Scrubs and Glows: This is a remedy that is used for deep exfoliation of dried or dead skin cells. It is primarily done through brushing of salts on the body [often from the Dead Sea for their super high mineral content], or through certain herbal scrub remedies such as with almonds or walnut paste.
- Acupuncture/Acupressure: These remedies have been proven to alleviate all sorts of maladies and disorders, not just of the skin.
- Ayurveda: Using a holistic philosophy dating around 5,000 years ago, it uses natural remedies and time-tested practices. Ayurveda has become a recognized treatment option for medical issues, as well as a relaxing spa favorite.
- Aromatherapy: The basic term refers to the therapeutic use of essential oils—based on the specific healing property of each oil—in such treatments as massage, diffusions, body wraps and soaks.
- Thai Massage: It uses passive yoga-like stretching and pressure along the energy meridians. It opens any blockages in the flow of energy and toxins such as lactic acid and calcium deposits gets flushed out from body, thereby awakening the body, sharpening the mind & creates a heightened sense of awareness.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Deep Tissue Massage is a type of massage therapy that focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue.. It reduces chronic pain , improves blood pressure , Breaks up scar tissue , Rehabilitates injured Muscles and so on...